Monday 31 December 2012

Product Review: VO5 Miracle Concentrate

I have suffered with frizzy, flyaway nightmare hair for as long as I can remember. A dear friend of mine calls it my 'Jew 'fro' in an affectionate manner but it's a bit of a ball-ache. No doubt spending most of my late teens/early 20s bleaching the crap out of it didn't help but hopefully most of the damage is now on its way to being repaired. But it still leaves me with frizzies.

I had heard about the 'miracle' of argan oil from a fair few sources and in my usual way I was skeptical. However, when my sister rang me and demanded that I try some, toute suite, I gave in and took myself off to my local Boots for a look.

There are a baffling number of argan oil related products on the market already but I had done my research and had already narrowed down my choices. Although VO5's product was in the cheaper end of the market it had good reviews and I decided to give it a try.

For the princely sum of less than a fiver (on offer) I received a 50ml bottle of the concentrate, boxed. The bottle itself is sturdy and not likely to get squished in the bottom of my vast box of hair stuff, and even comes with a handy dropper for dispensing the right amount of oil! Very swish.

I shampooed and conditioned as usual (TresEmme for both - I like cheap and cheerful sometimes!) and then applied five drops to my barely-towel-dried hair. The instructions advised using 'a few' drops but my hair is now nearly waist length and dry as anything. When my hair absorbed all the oil easily I added another five drops to be safe. I then let my hair air-dry. I'm not a big fan of blowdrying and as I was sitting around with no need to rush I thought I would let it do it's own thing.

After a couple of hours it had dried completely and despite my initial reluctance to admit it might be good stuff it does feel very soft! Although I have a natural wave to my hair (just the one, half way down...) it has dried mostly straight and even the ends feel nourished.

Don't get too excited yet though! It's still fluffy as a back-combed sheep and there's definitely still a few frizzies which need taming, but I shall definitely keep using the oil and we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment