Sunday 5 August 2012

Alert! Alert! Beauty Bargain Ahoy!

As a beauty lover on a budget, I am always on the lookout for a bit of a bargain and my skincare products are really no exception. I have a particular love of body scrubs - salt ones, sugar ones, creamy ones and sloughy ones - and generally treat myself to a new one every now and then to scrub away my grumpy on a morning. However, since our beloved kitty moved in and money has got a bit tighter I've been forced to move down the shelves and look at something a bit more...low-brow.

Cue me, standing in front of the shiny, pretty coloured rows of things in our local Morrisons, trying to make the choice of what to get. I'm in a rush and feeling broker than usual I decide I might as well give their own brand, £1 for 200ml Orange and Mandarin Body Scrub a try. Quick sniff in the shop to reassure myself it doesn't smell like cat's piss and off I go.

A few days later, my shower gel runs out and I crack out the new product, not without a little apprehension. It is, shall we say, a very bright orange colour. It's pretty cheerful, I suppose, but it's also...well...neon. The scrubby beads in it are clearly visible -  a good thing, in my book, but the scent was actually really quite pleasant, although more along the lines of orangeade or orange sherbet than fresh fruit. Nice and zingy first thing in the morning, at least.

However, I was extremely surprised with the texture: it lathered up really well, but not to a shampoo-like level and felt silky-smooth on my skin. Even after just a couple of uses I have really noticed a difference and my troublesome upper arms feel smoother and more hydrated. As a lover of sulfate- and paraben-free products I must admit I am a little stymied. For something which costs all of £1...well, you can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment